We discussed securing Google, Microsoft and Yahoo! and Twitter accounts. Today we discuss securing Facebook accounts.
1. Logged into Facebook with your username and password
2. On the top right of the webpage, click on the dropdown arrow to select “settings”
3. On the left top end, select “security”
4. Click on “login approvals.” Note: Make sure your cellphone number is added to your account
5. Check “Require a login code to access my account from unknown browsers”
6. Click on “get codes”
7. Enter your password
8. You will received an automated message
9. Enter the code to confirm your login approvals
We discussed securing gmail and hotmail accounts. We now will secure Yahoo! accounts. First login into your Yahoo! account then click on account info on the top right of the page, select the account security tag, and the toggle two-step verification.
After toggling two-step verification a window pops up. Select your country and enter in your mobile number and then either select ‘Send SMS’ or ‘Call Me’. For the purpose of this assignment I will go with ‘Send SMS’.
Enter the verification code that you are sent.