We discussed securing Google, Microsoft and Yahoo! and Twitter accounts. Today we discuss securing Facebook accounts.
1. Logged into Facebook with your username and password
2. On the top right of the webpage, click on the dropdown arrow to select “settings”
3. On the left top end, select “security”
4. Click on “login approvals.” Note: Make sure your cellphone number is added to your account
5. Check “Require a login code to access my account from unknown browsers”
6. Click on “get codes”
7. Enter your password
8. You will received an automated message
9. Enter the code to confirm your login approvals
We discussed securing Google, Microsoft and Yahoo! accounts. Now we will go through securing Twitter accounts.
- Login into account and go to setting.
- Select security and privacy and add your phone number.
- Add your phone number. Select caption continue.
- To verify your Phone Number the code is sent to your phone.
- You need to enter the code which activates your phone.
- From now onward whenever you login you twitter account beside your password you need to enter the code that is sent to your mobile device via sms.
- This way your 2 factor authentication is set up on your account.